Shred Event – May 5th and Sept 29th
Document shredding event at Catholic Vantage Financial
May 5 at Plymouth Branch and September 29 at Livonia Branch
On-site professional document shredding by Iron Mountain.
ONE DAY ONLY!
Date: Saturday, Sept. 29th, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Livonia Branch Only – 36111 Five Mile Road, Livonia, MI
Free event, open to all!
Suggested Items To Shred
1. Bank, brokerage, and other general statements can usually be shredded after retaining for 3 years, unless needed to substantiate certain deposits or payments, cost basis of investments, warranties, or some other purpose.
2. Many bills, invoices, deposit slips, canceled checks, receipts, and other sales and expense records can be destroyed after keeping for a 3 year period.
3. Tax documents such as W-2s, 1099s, 1098s showing deductible/creditable mortgage and/or educational expenses, Schedule K-1s, or other items which may show tax withholding should be kept for at least 3 years, although some of these documents (e.g., K-1s for investments) may be retained longer for alternative uses.
4. Medical and dental expense statements can generally be destroyed after 3 years, unless needed for a non-tax purpose, including treatment or insurance reasons.
5. Pay stubs can be shredded after 1 or 2 years, assuming there are no discrepancies when reconciled with annual Form W-2.
Make it a habit to do small things that are good for the environment. My Green Habits Checklist