Document shredding event at Catholic Vantage Financial
On-site professional document shredding by Iron Mountain.
ONE DAY ONLY!
Date: Saturday, Sept. 29th, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Livonia Branch Only – 36111 Five Mile Road, Livonia, MI
Free event, open to all!
Suggested Items To Shred
- Bank, brokerage, and other general statements can usually be shredded after retaining for 3 years, unless needed to substantiate certain deposits or payments, cost basis of investments, warranties, or some other purpose.
- Many bills, invoices, deposit slips, canceled checks, receipts, and other sales and expense records can be destroyed after keeping for a 3 year period.
- Tax documents such as W-2s, 1099s, 1098s showing deductible/creditable mortgage and/or educational expenses, Schedule K-1s, or other items which may show tax withholding should be kept for at least 3 years, although some of these documents (e.g., K-1s for investments) may be retained longer for alternative uses.
- Medical and dental expense statements can generally be destroyed after 3 years, unless needed for a non-tax purpose, including treatment or insurance reasons.
- Pay stubs can be shredded after 1 or 2 years, assuming there are no discrepancies when reconciled with annual Form W-2.
Make it a habit to do small things that are good for the environment. My Green Habits Checklist