Debit Card Alerts and Fraud
Our debit card alert system helps protect you from fraudulent activity. With card alerts you get near real-time alerts as an email, text to your mobile phone, or a phone call. These alerts serve as an early warning system for potential fraudulent activity and helps us safe guard your accounts.
How it works:
- Our debit card processor monitors transactions for suspicious activity and potential fraud.
- Alerts are sent to you via email, text message to your mobile device, and a phone call.
- You will be asked to verify recent activity as authorized or potential fraud.
- If you indicate that a transaction is not authorized, a Fraud Center Analyst will contact you for more information.
Types of Notification Alerts
It’s important to maintain your current contact information on your account record.
- Text to your mobile device
- Phone call
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that will also mention our vendor, the Jack Henry Card Processing Fraud Center. The email will list your recent transactions and ask that you indicate whether or not you authorized the transactions by clicking on one of the following links:
All Transactions Authorized (or) One or More Transactions NOT Authorized
Should you respond that one or more of the transactions were not authorized by you, a Fraud Center Analyst will contact you to assist you further anytime between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Fraud Center will NOT call you after 9:00 p.m. However, you may call the lost / stolen number 888-297-3416.
A free text message will be sent if the system detects a mobile device number.
- Sample Text Message: Possible unauthorized txn on card xxx for $x.xx from (merchant). If OK reply xxxxYES; otherwise reply xxxxNO.
- Text shortcode is 32874.
- You may opt out by responding STOP.
Should you respond that one or more of the transactions were not authorized by you, a Fraud Center Analysts will contact you to assist you further anytime between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Fraud Center will NOT call you after 9:00 p.m.; however, you may call the lost stolen card department at 1-800-682-6075.
An automated system will ask you to confirm transactions were authorized. Should you respond that one or more of the transactions were not authorized by you, you will immediately be transferred to a Fraud Center Analyst to assist you.
What phone number will be called
- Home Phone. If no answer then:
- Mobile Phone. If no answer then:
- Work Phone
Do I Enroll in This Service?
No. This service is provided to all Debit Card accounts free of charge from Catholic Vantage Financial.
Want Alerts on all of your Debit Transactions?
You can stay on top of all of your debit transactions with eAlerts through Online Banking. Here’s how:
- Log into online banking
- On the left side navigation, select eAlert Notifications
- Select how you want to receive alerts
- Click “Add Alert” and select Debit Authorization Alert