CVF Credit Union is a not-for-profit, full-service financial institution headquartered in Livonia, Michigan. Today, we are committed to making life better in 29 communities we serve across Michigan’s lower peninsula through innovative technology, competitive interest rates, fewer fees, and personalized service exemplifying the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.”
We make the needs and desires of our members our priority each and every day and welcome the opportunity to show you how we can make life better for you and your family.
We were originally chartered on Tuesday, February 17, 1953, as St. Michael Livonia Federal Credit Union. Our focus was on serving Catholics in the immediate area and soon evolved into one of Michigan’s leading and well-respected Catholic credit unions in Michigan.
Over the next couple of decades, we grew substantially and made the decision to build our second branch in Plymouth Township, Michigan. Our field of membership remained focused on Catholics and Catholic-based organizations in the Plymouth-Canton-Northville communities.
In January 2020, we became a state-chartered, community credit union and open to serve everyone in the lower-half of the lower peninsula of Michigan with the same guiding principles we were founded on.
Today, CVF Credit Union continues to build on the legacy we set out for in 1953, but now are open to all. We built our reputation on doing things in the best interest of our members and the communities we serve; that has never wavered. Our financial strength and stability, combined with innovative products and services, has helped us grow to become the banking choice for almost 30 different communities and business owners, as well as catholic parishes, schools, and organizations.
CVF Credit Union is proud to serve:
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends schools in the following Michigan counties: Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Clinton, Eaton, Genesee, Gratiot, Hillsdale, Huron, Ingham, Ionia, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Kent, Lapeer, Lenawee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Montcalm, Oakland, Saginaw, Sanilac, Shiawassee, St. Clair, St. Joseph, Tuscola, Washtenaw, and Wayne.
- Members of Detroit Catholic Central High School Alumni Association
- Employees and Parishioners of Saint Francis de Sales Catholic Church in Manistique, Michigan
Membership is open to individuals, businesses, and immediate family of current members. Becoming a member of CVF Credit Union, Michigan’s leading and most respected Catholic Credit Union, is a call or click away at (734) 432-0212
Our Core Values
- Member Focused –A member-focused approach demands that we align our processes and services around what matters most to our members.
- Empower – Doing what is best for the greater good of our credit union. It means being empowered to make decisions that are not based on personal needs but based on the best interests of the member and the credit union.
- Accountable – We take responsibility for our attitudes, our actions, and our results.
- Growth Oriented – We are a credit union with the skillset and drive to grow our credit union for long-term sustainability. We will focus on results, while managing risk, as we take our credit union to the next level.
- Enthusiastic – We are eager to greet our members with joy, we take on our tasks with great passion and we work energetically as a team.
- Adaptable – We are flexible as we work in an ever-changing banking environment.
Board of Directors
Kevin Prost, Chairperson
Robert Stocker, Vice Chairperson
Pete Bagazinski, Treasurer
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr., Secretary
Denise van der Ster, Member
Pete Bagazinski, CEO
Robert Marciniak, CFO
Joann Peurach, Vice President of Lending
Eric Rothert, Vice President of Marketing
Michael Scurto, Vice President of Information Technology
Emma Teller, Vice President of Operations